Is it necessary to be a top-performing student to pursue a medical course ?
As a teacher, it's important to understand that students preparing for entrance exams like NEET, JEE, CLAT, NATA, AIPMT, JIPMER, etc. require a different approach to learning than regular classroom teaching. While it's important to complete the portions and focus on scoring high marks, it's equally important to prepare students for the specific format and requirements of the entrance exam.
Teaching is not just a profession, it's a calling, as teachers hold the key to unlocking the limitless potential of their students in academic and personal growth
The following are innovative techniques to enhance students' learning abilities! Here's a brief summary of each technique:
- Start the class with a relatable question: Teachers can start the class with a question that students can relate to their everyday life, which can help them understand the relevance of what they've learned.
- Teach concepts instead of explaining each line: Instead of focusing on memorizing lines, teachers should focus on explaining the underlying concepts to help students understand and apply the knowledge.
- Ask students to find the meaning of new terms and relate it to the concept: Encourage students to explore new terms and concepts on their own, which can help them build a deeper understanding of the subject.
- Assign out-of-syllabus work: Assignments that encourage innovation and creativity can help students build a better understanding of the subject and become more confident in their abilities.
- Dictate notes or use videos: Dictating notes can help students improve their listening skills and ability to produce notes, while videos can help them visualize and better understand concepts.
- Incorporate games in class: Making class tests more interactive and game-based can help students stay engaged and enjoy learning.
- Use movie concepts to relate to topics: Using popular movie concepts can help students relate to the topics and better understand the underlying concepts.
- Use online resources: There are many online resources available that can help students to gain additional knowledge. Encourage students to use these resources to supplement their learning.
- Focus on problem-solving skills: Encourage students to solve problems on their own and use critical thinking skills. Provide them with ample opportunities to practice problem-solving and help them build confidence in their abilities.
- Provide individual attention: Provide students with individual attention and personalized feedback to help them identify their strengths and weaknesses. This will help them focus their preparation efforts and perform better in the exam.
- Take a minute to summarize: As we wrap up each subject class, we should take a few minutes to summarize the key concepts covered that day. This would provide learners with an opportunity to solidify and reinforce their understanding of the concepts and allow them to hear the information in a different format
Over all, it's important for teachers to tailor their teaching style to their students and create a positive, fun learning environment to enhance students' learning abilities. At IIVM College of Optometry, we create a positive and fun learning environment that caters to each students' needs and helps them succeed.